Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blog Question

How has your study of Chemistry helped you understand science and the world of atoms? How has blogging been helpful?
My study of Chemistry has helped me understand science because I am now more aware of atoms, molecules, solutions, units, the periodic table, distillation, and many other important lessons. I also learned about the world of atoms. Molecules contain atoms, which contain a nucleus with protons and neutrons and circling electrons. In CO2, there is 1 carbon atom and 2 oxygen atoms. In H2O, there are 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom. These all contain certain a certain number of protons, neutrons, and electrons. The proton and electron number (which is the same) is on the top right corner of the periodic table and is also the atomic number. The number of neutrons is the atomic weight minus the atomic number. Blogging has been helpful because I now have a collection of all of my work from this summer. I feel that I have achieved so much and gained a huge body of scientific knowledge in such a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment